Conservation of forest essay and wildlife in India (essay) along with questions and answers. Conservation of forest is necessary because forests provide many resources such as food, medicine, fabric, and raw materials. Further, apart from keeping a check on the global temperature, forests also contribute towards preventing soil from getting eroded and shelters more than 80% of the animal species and terrestrial biodiversity. They also aid in improving the socioeconomic aspects of a country.
What are forests – Conservation Of Forest Essay
There are over 800 definitions of forest that are used around the world. Further, it is not necessary that an area has to be populated with trees for it to be deemed as a forest. And in some cases, an area can be legally designated as a forest, regardless of the type of local vegetation. Overall, forests are the natural habitat of large scale wildlife, growth of trees, shrubs and different variety of plants which, unfortunately, are dwindling every year. Hence, conservation of forest is an important responsibility that all of us have to undertake.
What is wildlife – Conservation of forest
Essay on conservation of forest explains Wildlife that refers to the animal species that are not domesticated. So, any living organism that lives in the forest region is associated with wildlife. It is found in almost all ecosystems such as rainforests, boreal forests, plains, grasslands, deserts etc. Wildlife provides great stability to our environment wherein they are involved in natural processes either directly or indirectly. Each living organism is placed in the food chain and is equally important, they may be a producer, a consumer or a decomposer, all these are interlinked and depend on each other for their survival.
Importance of Forests – Conservation of forest
Importance of wildlife – Conservation of forest
- Important for their medicinal values: More than one-third of our pharmaceutical needs are catered by wild plants. Forests provide great scope for breakthroughs in the field of medical science and technology along with the requirements for the large-scale manufacture of antibiotics and other medicines for therapeutic uses.
- Helps keep our environment healthy: They are responsible for maintaining temperatures globally, thereby fighting against the greenhouse effect and in turn preventing the sea levels to rise sharply.
- Important to maintain ecological balance: the interdependence of plants and animals is very essential
- Economical importance: Fossil fuels obtained from forests help in the economic growth of the country, which in turn contributes towards a better standard of living.
- Helps preserve biodiversity: There are thousands of species that take shelter in these huge forests.
- Microorganisms in wildlife take part in nitrogen fixation, thus, bringing about an increase in the levels of soil fertility
Ways to Conserve the Forest : Essay on Conservation of Forest
While deforestation cannot be avoided completely, we must look to control it. Young and immature trees should not be felled as far as possible. We must look to avoid large-scale commercial deforestation as well. Adapting practices such as clear-cutting or selective cutting will be beneficial in the long run.
Protect against Forest Fires
Forest fires are the most common and deadly cause of loss of forests. They can start due to natural causes or can be accidents caused by man or even intentional in some cases. Once a fire spreads in a forest it is very difficult to control. Precautions must be taken for such incidents. Making fire lanes, spreading chemicals to control fire, clearing out dry leaves, trees, etc.
This is the process by which we plant more trees in the area. We try to increase the forest cover by manual transplantation, or fresh plantation of trees. It is an attempt to balance our ecosystem to reduce the effects of deforestation and environmental pollutions of all types.
Better Farming Practices
Slash and burn farming, overgrazing by cattle, shifting agriculture are all farming practices that are harmful to the environment and particularly to forests. We must keep all these practices under control.
Jhoom farming is one such practice we can employ to combat forest pollution. In the North-east areas of India, where the land is kept barren after cutting the crops. Weeds and creepers and wild plants grow on this land and make it fertile again in time and then the land is cultivated again.
Other important ways to conserve the forests : Conservation of Forest Essay
- With the advent of industrialization, several trees have been cut at an alarming rate for raw materials and various other purposes. This felling of trees can be regulated by selective cutting, clear-cutting and shelterwood cutting.
- Forest fires are one of the common causes of loss of forests. Sometimes the forest land is set on fire to make the land available for commercial purposes. Once cleared, there can be no vegetation. Natural forest fires are also responsible for the destruction of huge forest covers. Latest fire fighting techniques should be adopted to conserve the forest. However, forest fires are an important part of the ecosystem and it helps replenish nutrients in the soil from dead and decaying matter.
- More trees should be planted to increase the forest cover. Trees should be selected according to the geographical conditions of a particular region and proper care should be taken during the growth of trees.
- Prevention of exploitation of forestry and forest products is necessary for the conservation of forest.
- The existing forests should be protected from diseases by spraying chemicals, antibiotics or development of pest-resistant strains of trees.
Conclusion – Conservation of forest
Conservation of forest and wildlife in India (essay) along with questions and answers. Almost 31% of the earth’s land surface is covered by forests. According to a 2015 report, 23% of India’s land cover consists of the forest region. Trees and plants in the forest are an integral part of the ecosystem. It sustains life on the planet, provides clean air and shelter. Also, forests help conserve biodiversity. Therefore, we must ensure that we conserve forests and wildlife.
Q.1. How can we conservation of forest?
A) The forests can be protected in the following ways:
Introducing reforestation initiatives.
Putting out forest fires.
Forest resource management that is effective.
Q.2. What is the importance of conservation of forest?
A) They clean the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, prevent erosion, and serve as a critical buffer against climate change.
Q.3. What are the tHow can we conserve forests and trees?wo main aims of conservation?
A) Preservation of resource generation for the future. A little level of resource depletion.
Q.4. How can we conserve forests and trees?
A) Save paper, save trees, save wildlife.
When purchasing furniture, look for alternatives to wood.
Saving paper saves trees.
Questions and Answers – Conservation of forest
What steps should be taken to conserve forests?
The forests can be conserved in the following manner:
- Introducing afforestation programs.
- Controlling forest fires.
- Proper utilization of forest resources.
- Proper care should be taken to protect the forests from pests and diseases.
Why is it beneficial to conserve forests?
Forests provide us with a variety of resources such as wood, timber, fibre and other raw materials for domestic as well as commercial purposes. They absorb the harmful carbon dioxide gas and maintain the earth’s temperature. They also hold the soil firmly and prevent erosion of soil. This is why it is beneficial to conserve forests.
How can we conserve wildlife?
Wildlife can be conserved by:
- Developing protective areas such as national parks, wildlife sanctuaries to protect the animals in their natural habitat.
- The endangered and vulnerable species can be kept in captivity in places such as zoos and bred to increase their population.
- The cutting of forests should be strictly prohibited. It is an abode of a variety of wild animals.
- Hunting of wild animals should be banned.
Why is it beneficial to protect wildlife?
Wild animals form a part of the food chain. They are responsible for maintaining a balance in the ecosystem. In order to maintain an ecological balance, the wildlife needs to protect.
What are the reasons that have led to wildlife destruction?
Wildlife destruction is caused due to:
- Increasing demand for hides and meat has led to the hunting of animals.
- Cutting down of forests has led to the scarcity of food and space that has killed many animals.
- Frequent floods and earthquakes are the natural causes of wildlife destruction.
What will happen if all the forests are destroyed?
Forests are the major part of an ecosystem. They are an abode to various plants and animals and they maintain environmental balance by inhaling carbon dioxide and regulating rainfall. They provide food and space to animals that help to maintain the ecological balance. If all the forests are destroyed, it will have a severe impact on the environmental balance. There will be frequent earthquakes and floods. The temperature of the earth will rise enormously. Life on earth will be impossible.
Read More Essays :
- Essay on my Vision for India in 2047
- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi
- Essay on Coronavirus
- Essay on Mountains
- Essay on Nelson Mandela
- Essay on my favorite book
- Essay on online education
- Essay on Raksha Bandhan
- Essay on Independence day
- Essay on Elephant
- Essay on Rainy Season
- Essay on Horse
- Essay on Beti Bachao
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Essay
- Essay on Demonetization
- Essay on Renewable Energy way to future
- Essay on Make in India Project
- Social Media
- Science And Technology
- Gender Equality
- Republic Day
- Unity in Diversity
- Air Pollution
- Global Warming
- Save Water
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Importance of Education
- Summer Season For Students
- My Best Friend
- Conservation of Forest
- Women Empowerment
- World Environment Day