10 lines On Dr BR Ambedkar in English for students – This post comprises of essays in 150 words, important facts and points on Dr. Ambedkar’s biography. Bheem Rav Ramji Ambedkar also known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, is the father of the Indian constitution and the brain behind the democratic and secular fabric of India.
For classes 1 to 5 – 10 lines On Dr BR Ambedkar in English
- Babasaheb Ambedkar is known as Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was a social reformer and inspired the Dalit Buddhist Movement in India
- Further, he is the father of the Indian constitution and the brain behind the drafting of the Indian Constitution
- He was the first law minister of the country in 1947
- The terms fraternity, liberty and equality in the constitution was written by BR Ambedkar
- BR Ambedkar was born on 14th April in 1981 in the central province, now known as Madhya Pradesh
- In 1912, BR Ambedkar obtained his Political Science and Economics degree from Bombay University
- BR Ambedkar completed his post-graduate studies at Columbia University in the United States of America
- He studied Economics at the prestigious London School of Economics and worked on his doctoral thesis in 1916
- However, Ambedkar renounced Hinduism and became Buddhist in the year 1956
- He was the crusader and the true leader for the Dalit community in India
For classes 6 to 8 – 10 lines On Dr BR Ambedkar in English
- Babasaheb Ambedkar is known as the father of the Indian Constitution since he was the brain behind the drafting of the constitution of India.
- On 14th of April every year, Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated to pay homage and respect to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- Further, Dr. Ambedkar won the Bharat Ratna award in 1990.
- In 1912 he obtained a degree in economics and political science from the Bombay University
- He then worked with the Government of the princely state of Baroda.
- He is usually known as the leader of Dalits and the Buddhist revivalist because of his strong stand against social discrimination and propagating peace in the country.
- BR Ambedkar himself faced social discrimination and stigmas in his school and college days and was treated as untouchables by the upper caste.
- The Dalits and lower caste communities today owes a lot to Dr Ambedkar and his reforms to eliminate social discrimination in the country.
- After independence in the year 1947, Dr Ambedkar became the first law minister of the Government of India and played a major role in framing the constitution of India.
- For the lack of his belief in the caste system that exists in the Hindu community. he renounced Hinduism and became a Buddhist in 1956.
For classes 9 to 12 – 10 lines On Dr BR Ambedkar in English
- BR Ambedkar was a revisionary leader who envisaged the country where each and every person has equal opportunity irrespective of their caste, creed or religion.
- Babasaheb Ambedkar dedicated his entire life to the freedom movement of India and eradicating social inequalities in the country.
- Articles in the Indian Constitution such as article 15, where the minorities and less privileged in the country have equal opportunity, was scripted by BR Ambedkar and the whole community owes a lot of gratitude to him.
- He created the Indian Constitution keeping in mind all the aspects and the diversity of the country in terms of religion, language, traditions, culture and ethnicity.
- He travelled to more than 40 countries and obtained the best parts of the constitution from Japan, Russia, America and the UK and inculcated that into the Indian Constitution.
- Dr BR Ambedkar renounced Hinduism because of its dangerous caste system and became a Buddhist.
- Someone who has knowledge of economics, law and science, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar’s contribution to forming the secular and democratic fabric of India goes a long way.
- The wide range of civil liberties like freedom of religion and freedom of expression that we as millennials enjoy today, comes from the visionary and long-term thinking of Babasaheb Ambedkar back in the 1940s.
- The reservation of jobs and seats in educational institutions for scheduled caste and Scheduled Tribes was another great work done by Babasaheb Ambedkar to uplift the unprivileged sections of the society.
- Further, the core values of the nation come from the constitution of the country and our constitution was written by Babasaheb Hansel and he is no less than any other freedom fighters like Mahatma Gandhi or Jawaharlal Nehru.
Essay On Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
Dr. Bhimrao Ramji is the chief architect of constitution of India. He was also an educationist and economist. Ambedkar wrote his autobiography ‘Waiting for a Visa’ in 1935-1936. Further, Ambedkar knew 9 languages as English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Pali and Persian.
After accepting Buddhism, he was also called the ‘The modern Buddha of the age’. It was a Buddhist monk ‘Mahant Veer Chandramani’ who made Ambedkar to turn towards the Buddhism. Dr. Ambedkar had the highest title of Buddhism ‘Bodhisatwa’ and had written a book ‘The Buddha and his Dhamma’.
9The birth anniversary of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar is celebrated as ‘Ambedkar Jayanti’ while his death anniversary is observed as the ‘Mahaparinirvan Diwas’ in India. The first statue of Ambedkar was established in Kolhapur City in the year 1950.
Also Read: Speech on Ambedkar Jayanti
Essay On Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was the youngest of his siblings born on 14th April, 1981. His father registered his surname as Ambedkar based on his village Ambadawe which was later changed to Ambedkar by his teacher. He was the first person at that time from the untouchable section to complete matriculation.
Ambedkar was a constitutional expert who had gone through around 60 constitutions of the world which made him head the Constitution Drafting Committee. He also authored many books viz, ‘Annihilation of Caste’, ‘Who Were the Shudras’, ‘The Buddha and His Dhamma’ are few of his work.
After the death of his first wife Ramabai, Ambedkar married Dr. Sharada Kabir who changed her name to Savita Ambedkar after marriage. On 14th October 1956, they accepted Buddhism along with his 5 lakh supporters.
Dr. Ambedkar health worsened due to political as well and physical issues and took his last breath on 06th December 1956. However, he is survived by his grandson Prakash Ambedkar who is an active politician and lawyer. Ambedkar was a great personality who devoted his life to the nation and fought against caste discrimination in society.
Essay On The father of the Indian Constitution
People consider Dr. Ambedkar the father of the Indian Constitution. Dr. Ambedkar was the first Indian to pursue ‘Doctorate in Economics’ from another country. He was also the first Indian to pursue Ph.D. in Economics.
The guidelines on Ambedkar presented in the Hilton Young Commission helped in establishing the Reserve Bank of India. The effort of Ambedkar brought a change in working hours from 14 hours to 8 hours.
An interesting fact is – Article 370 in Indian constitution was drafted by Gopalswamy Ayyangar while Dr. Ambedkar was completely against it. The first effort towards women empowerment was made by Dr. Ambedkar through the ‘Hindu Code Bill’ in 1950. Dr. Ambedkar is also known to place ‘Ashok Chakra’ in Indian flag. Dr. Ambedkar’s personal library ‘Rajgrih’ is world’s largest private library with more than 50,000 books.
Frequently Asked Question About Bhimrao Ambedkar
How many Languages Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar knew?
Ambedkar knew 9 languages as English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, Pali and Persian.
Date of Birth of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar?
14th April, 1981
10 lines On Dr BR Ambedkar in English for students – This post comprises of essays in 150 words, important facts and points on Dr. Ambedkar’s biography. Further, it teaches us how to become good leaders and activists like Ambedkar.
Read More Essays :
- Essay on my Vision for India in 2047
- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi
- Essay on Coronavirus
- Essay on Mountains
- Essay on Nelson Mandela
- Essay on my favorite book
- Essay on online education
- Essay on Raksha Bandhan
- Essay on Independence day
- Essay on Elephant
- Essay on Rainy Season
- Essay on Horse
- Essay on Beti Bachao
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Essay
- Essay on Demonetization
- Essay on Renewable Energy way to future
- Essay on Make in India Project
- Social Media
- Science And Technology
- Gender Equality
- Republic Day
- Unity in Diversity
- Air Pollution
- Global Warming
- Save Water
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Importance of Education
- Summer Season For Students
- My Best Friend
- Conservation of Forest
- Women Empowerment
- World Environment Day