Notice Writing Format Class 12 Especially recommended by CBSE. In this post, you will learn the basics of Notice Writing and how to score top marks in notice writing by learning notice format class 12. Here, we’ll highlight the notice format class 12 and tips for writing a formal notice writing. For your better understanding, this post will provide you with many examples to correlate and analyze. Exercise your writing skills by the topics of notice writing given.
We also provide Notes and Lesson Plan. Our Study Rankers specially made them for better understanding. Students may read the PDF to practice concepts of notice writing format class 12 with NCERT Solutions and Extra Questions and Answers. We prepared these by keeping in mind the latest CBSE curriculum. Shine among your friends after scoring high in Quiz, MCQ, and Worksheet.
Table of Contents
Introduction To Notice Writing And Notice Writing Format Class 12
- A notice is a means of communication between an individual/organization and the targeted audience for a short period of time.
- A notice is a very short piece of writing, usually 50 words.
- It is brief, simple and factual.
- It is formal in style.
- Most notices are pinned up or pasted on notice boards.
Different Types of Notice Writing
- Public Notice: It is a notice given to the public regarding certain types of legal proceedings.
- Constructive Notice: It is the legal fiction that someone actually received.
- Actual Notice: A regular notice given by any institution or organization to its targeted audience.
- Implied Notice: It is a notice inferred from facts that a person had known.
Applications of Notice Writing
- It is widely used by individuals and organizations to announce events and news.
- These events include celebrations, occasions like inauguration or sales.
- It might also be used to issue public instruction, to make appeals and to extend invitations.
Tips and Tricks for Writing a Notice
- Must put the notice in a box.
- Do not exceed the word limit (50 words).
- Give the appropriate heading to notice after reading the question carefully.
- You must be aware of your target audience.
- Don’t forget to mention all the necessary details and information regarding the purpose of the notice.
- If no name of the organization or the person is specified, then use abbreviations like ABC, XYZ, QPR, etc.
Format of Notice Writing
NAME OF THE INSTITUTION /ORGANIZATION /OFFICE, PLACE
BODY OF NOTICE (50 words)
(CONTENT OF BODY: Mention the target group. Mention all the important details and information related to the event such as date, time, venue, and all-important details that will answer the questions like for whom, what, when, how, by whom, and any extra information needed.)
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PUT THE NOTICE IN A BOX
Notice Writing is of 5 Marks. Here is an analysis:
- FORMAT: 1 Mark (Marked in Orange)
- CONTENT: 2 Marks (Marked in Green)
- Spellings and Accurate Grammar: 1 Mark
- BOX: 1 Mark
NAME OF THE INSTITUTION /ORGANIZATION /OFFICE, PLACE
BODY OF NOTICE (50 words)
(CONTENT OF BODY: Mention the target group. Mention all the important details and information related to the event such as date, time, venue, and all-important details that will answer the questions like for whom, what, when, where, how, by whom, and any extra information needed.)
Q. 1. Frequent cases of theft, burglary, eve teasing and electricity breakdown in society are being reported to the Resident Welfare Association of Ashok Nagar. As the President of the society write a circular inviting all members for a general body meeting to discuss the issue and to find a solution. Agenda of the meeting must be mentioned. You are Surya.
A) This is a public notice.
RESIDENTS’ WELFARE ASSOCIATION, ASHOK NAGAR
9 November 2020
This is to inform all the members of the Residents’ Welfare Association that a body meeting will take place on 11 November 2020 in the society’s office. The agenda of the meeting is to discuss and find solutions to the safety issues like theft and eve-teasing etc. faced by the residents. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Q. 2. Your school, Adarsh Vidyalaya, Solan, is organizing a lecture by the famous writer Vikram Seth on the occasion of ‘Literacy Week’ being celebrated in your school. Write a notice informing students about the lecture. Invent the necessary details.
ADARSH VIDYALAYA, SOLAN
CELEBRATION OF LITERACY WEEK
10 November 2020
It is my honor to inform the students of Adarsh Vidyalaya that our school is celebrating ‘Literacy Week’ from 16 November to 23 November 2020. On this special occasion, we have organized a lecture by Vikram Seth as our chief guest. The students of class IX to XII are cordially invited on 18 November 2020 for the same. The event will be held in the school auditorium from 11 A.M. For more information, contact the undersigned.
President (Literature Club)
Q. 3. You are Rajan / Rachna, the Secretary of the Debating Society of your school, St. Loreto Convent, Darjeeling. Write a notice informing students about an inter-school debate. The motion for the debate is, ‘Co-education does better than harm’. Mention all pertinent details in the notice.
St. LORETO CONVENT, DARJEELING
INTER-SCHOOL ENGLISH DEBATE COMPETITION
11 November 2020
It is to inform the students of class IX to XII that an inter-school English debate competition will be held in our school on 25th November 2020. The topic of the debate is ‘Co-education doing better than harm’. Students who are interested to participate may give in their names to their respective class teachers latest by 15 November 2020 for auditions. For more information, contact the undersigned.
President (Debating Society
Q. 4. You are Abhinav/Alka. You have planned a 2-week course to be arranged to help the children of your housing society called “Renaissance Housing Society” at Mysore acquire Spoken English Skills. As the Secretary of the Society, prepare a notice for the Society’s noticeboard stating the objective of the course, giving necessary details of the course and requesting the children of the society to join the course.
RENAISSANCE HOUSING SOCIETY, MYSORE
SPOKEN ENGLISH SKILLS COURSE
15 November 2020
Our society is organizing English camp in the society hall. The camp aims at teaching the Spoken English Skills to the children of our housing society. The camp begins from 20th November 2020 and the timings are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Residents are hereby requested to ensure an overwhelming response to this camp. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Q. 5. Your school has just completed 25 years of its meritorious service to society. The Students’ Council of your school has decided to celebrate its Silver Jubilee. As President of the Council, write a notice in not more than 50 words, for the students of your school, informing them about the Council’s decision and seeking their co-operation for the success of the proposed Silver Jubilee Celebrations.
ABC SCHOOL, XYZ
SILVER JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS
18 November 2020
It is my immense pleasure to notify the students that our school is celebrating its Silver Jubilee this year. On this special occasion, we have decided to organize a talent hunt for the students of classes VI to XII. The talent hunt will include various activities like dance, singing, art, debate, acting and much more. A special pamphlet will be distributed in the classes regarding the same. All the interested students are requested to give their names to their respective class teachers by 25th November 2020 at the latest. For more information, contact the undersigned.
President (Student Council)
Q. 6. You are the Editor of your School Magazine. Draft a notice for your school Notice Board inviting articles, poems, jokes, sketches, etc. from the students for your school magazine. Sign as Neha/ Neeraj, Secretary of Cultural Activities, SKV, Vikas Puri.
SKV SCHOOL, VIKAS PURI
CONTENT FOR SCHOOL MAGAZINE
14 November 2020
Students of classes VI – XII are hereby informed that our school magazine ‘Rhapsody’ is in need of new content. We request the interested students to submit their articles, poems, jokes, sketches, etc latest by the 25th November 2020. The content can be neatly handwritten or typed. Make sure to write your name and class below your content. You can submit your content to your respective class teacher. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Secretary (Cultural Activities)
Q. 7. In the capacity of the President of RWA, Mayur Vihar, Delhi. Write a notice informing all the residents about the power cut to the installation of electronic meters.
RESIDENTS’ WELFARE ASSOCIATION, MAYUR VIHAR
30 November 2020
This is to inform all the residents of the society that there will be a power cut for 6 hours on 2nd December 2020 due to the installation of electronic meters. The power cut will be observed from 1.00 p.m. to 7 p.m. Any inconvenience caused is regretted. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Q. 8. As the Secretary of the Science Club of your school, write a notice in about 50 words informing students of an inter-class science quiz.
ABC SCHOOL, XYZ
INTER-CLASS SCIENCE QUIZ
12 November 2020
The Science Club of our school is organizing an inter-class quiz competition for classes IX to XII on 19th November 2020. There are categories for participation, these are: Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Interested students are hereby invited to give their names to the undersigned along with the preferred category at the latest by 17th November to their respective class teacher. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Secretary (Science Club)
Q. 9. Draft a suitable notice for your School Notice Board giving details of the inauguration of the Literary Association activities in your school. You are Deepak/Deepika, Secretary, School Literary Association. Your School is called Modern Senior Secondary School, Belgaum.
MODERN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL, BELGAUM
INAUGURATION OF LITERARY ASSOCIATION
13 November 2020
It is my immense pleasure to invite the students to the inauguration of the Literary Association on 25th November 2020. The event will take place in the school grounds from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M. To celebrate we have planned some literary activities like poem recitation and guessing the story plot. Students who are interested in taking part in the inauguration can give their names to their class teachers. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Secretary (School Literary Association)
Q. 10. You are Sanjay / Sangeeta. As President of the Excursion Club, you have organized an excursion to Katmandu (Nepal) during the summer vacation for the senior students of your school. Write a notice in about 50 words informing the students about the proposed excursion.
XYZ SCHOOL, ABC
EXCURSION TO KATHMANDU
16 June 2020
This to inform the students of class XI and XII that our school has planned a four-day excursion to Kathmandu, Nepal during the summer vacation from the 25th to 30th July. The excursion will include activities such as trekking, biking, nature walks, etc. The total cost of this trip is 5,000. Interested students may give in their names along with the cheque and consent slip from their parents to their respective class teachers at the latest by the 5th of July. For more information, contact the undersigned.
President (Excursion Club)
Q. 11. The Cultural Club of DAV Public School Noida is organizing a ‘Talent Hunt’ evening. Pt. Ravi Shankar, the eminent vocalist, will be the guest of honor. As Mridul / Mridula, the Secretary of Class XII – English Cultural Club, draft a notice to inform the students and invite their names. Draft his / her notice in not more than 50 words.
DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL, NOIDA
20 November 2020
The Cultural Club is organizing a talent hunt for the students of classes VI to XII. The talent hunt will include various activities like dance, singing, art, debate, acting and much more. A special pamphlet will be distributed in the classes regarding the same. The Talent Hunt will be held on 10th December in the school grounds from 4 P.M. to 7 P.M. All the interested students are requested to give their names to their respective class teachers at the latest by 25th November 2020. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Secretary (English Cultural Club)
Q. 12. As the “Head boy / Head Girl of Mother Mary Public School, Dilshad Garden, Delhi you are organizing a career counseling session for XI & XII students of your school. Write a notice giving details of it to be displayed on your school noticeboard.
MOTHER MARY PUBLIC SCHOOL, DILSHAD GARDEN, DELHI
CAREER COUNSELING SESSION
22 November 2020
It is to inform the students of class XI and XII that our school is organizing a career counseling session on 25th November 2020. The session will be held in the school’s auditorium from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M. All the students are requested to be on time for the session. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Q. 13. You are Mrs. R. Ganguly, the Sr. Art and Craft teacher of Riverdale High School, Assam. Draft a notice to inform students about an Art and Craft Mela that will be held on the school premises. Mention other necessary details.
RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL, ASSAM
ART AND CRAFT MELA
1 December 2020
Students are hereby informed that our school is organizing an Art and Craft Mela on 6th December 2020 in the school ground from 10 am to 2 pm. A special attraction of the mela would be the ancient art show. For more information, contact the undersigned.
Mrs. R. Ganguly
Sr. Art and Craft Teacher
Notice Writing Topics for Practice
Notice writing is a very important factor in 10th class to 12th class and this will also help you to get better grades once you practice these following questions.
1. Imagine you are a member of RED CROSS Blood Bank Society, Bangalore. You have been asked by the President of the society, Mr. Manish Nair to organize a Blood Donation Camp. Write a notice in 50 words urging the people to come in large numbers for this noble cause.
2. Your school (Amar Vidyalaya), Bangalore is organizing a cultural evening to collect funds for slum children. The Vice-Chancellor, Bangalore University has consented to be the Chief Guest on the occasion. Draft a notice in this connection to be displayed on your school noticeboard. Imagine you are Rakesh Tilak, Cultural Secretary of your school. (Word limit: 50 words)
3. You are Rachit / Rachna, in charge of the cultural club of New Public School, Delhi. Draft a notice for your school notice, board inviting students to participate in the inter-house dance competition which is going to be organized in your school.
Find Last Year’s ENGLISH CBSE QUESTION PAPERS For Latest Notice Writing Questions.
4. Draft a suitable notice for your school notice board informing students about the Magic Show organized by your school in aid of Victims of Earthquake in Nepal. You are Prachi / Pancham captain of the school D.P.S. Gurgaon.
5. You are Tushar / Tanisha, the school captain of Bal Bharti Public School, Delhi. You wish to call a meeting of the students’ council to discuss the measures to be taken to check the explosion of crackers in the school premises during Diwali time. Draft Notice inventing details in not more than 50 words.
6. Due to acute water shortage this summer, you are concerned about advising the residents of your colony to save water. As president, RWA, A Block Vasant Kunj, Delhi. Draft a notice to make the residents aware of the problem and suggest measures.
Find The Latest Examination Preparation Material for Class 12.
7. You are Rani, Secretary Rotary Club, Noida. Your club is organizing a blood donation camp. Draft a notice for your noticeboard asking everybody to donate blood.
8. Your school AVB Bal Vidyalaya, Sirsa has completed 50 years of meritorious service to society. As President of the Student Council of your school, write a notice in not more than 50 words, informing and inviting the name of the students to participate in the Golden Jubilee Celebration of the School. You are Ram/Radhika.
9. The Resident’s Welfare Association of Saral Apartments, Pune is starting Yoga and Laughter Club. The inauguration is on Sunday, September 12. Write a notice inviting residents to the inauguration. Also, mention the activities that the Club will undertake.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. 1. What is the importance of notice writing?
A) Notice writing is used to make a group of individuals aware of a certain piece of information. Usually, they are pinned in a public place so everyone who cares about them may see them. One of the popular forms of communication is it.
Q. 2. What is the importance of a notice in an organization?
A) One way to increase engagement is by having a notice board in the office. These boards may enhance corporate branding, serve as a bulletin board for fresh work updates, promote forthcoming events, foster better workplace communication, and make announcements about work results, among other things.
Q.3. Is signature part of notice writing?
A) If you are the writing authority, you may write your name and title or you may write for someone else and provide their name and title. The note must also have the author’s signature in order to be regarded as legitimate and trustworthy.
Above written includes Notice Writing Class 12 Format, Examples, Topics, and Exercises. Browse our site for various detailed and easy NCERT Solutions and CBSE Notes.