Birth class 11 English summary: We have been listening to the fact that Doctors have always been considered next to god and why not,’, its because of them that we are living a carefree and happy life. The story basically is about how doctors and medical practitioners always go to any extent to save their patients.The theme of birth class 11 narrates centre on the efforts made by medical professionals to treat their patients.In summary of birth the main character, Andrew, is handling a complicated medical birth case.
Table of Contents
Theme Of Birth Class 11
The birth class 11 summary is story of effort and hard work they put in any operation or treatment is just something anyone cannot even imagine. Be it any complicated case coming their way their priority is to save their patient from danger. Let us talk about the protagonist of this story: Dr. Andrew Manson. He got a critical case of a delivery where the mother went unconscious after her delivery and the child that came out was stillborn.
What makes him to be called as a real doctor is even looking at the horrible situation he did not leave the place instead went for a special treatment to cure the child and the mother at any cost. He believed in himself and did not let go of the child. His high hopes on himself made him to conquer the worst situations of the time.
Birth class 11 summary:
Birth class 11 English summary: The story starts with a fresh doctor Andrew Manson, who has recently passed out from a medical school who was indulged in an argument with his girlfriend Christine, a school teacher. His mood turns low and he becomes quite upset after this while returning towards his home. As soon as he reaches his home he notices a man named Joe Morgan who was in a profession of with a heavy and strong personality who was in his middle age.
He was seen waiting anxiously and persistently for the doctor. It was going to be his first child as his wife was in labor for the first time after 20 years of their marriage hence a doctor was mandatorily required for the situation. As soon as he reached Joe’s house he saw his wife in labor pain. All the other members present their eagerly were waiting for the birth of the child. In spite of being the father of the child he wasn’t ready to enter his own house because he was nervous as hell and couldn’t bear to see the pain in the room.
Her wife was given the dose of anasthaesia, to keep her unconscious for time being. After the delivery took place something unusual happened which shocked out the hell out of everybody. The child wasn’t and was born still. The doctor even couldn’t even make sense for someone to what just happened . Soon after this Andrew could see Susan getting unconscious and losing her senses. He stopped caring about the child for few minutes , treated her, brought her back to normal and then was about to switch towards the child but noticing no motion in the child’s body the midwife took the child, wrapped it in the plastic and kept it under the bed which was quite shameful and questionable act of hers.
This wasn’t acceptable to the doctor and he immediately took out the child and started applying all his knowledge from the book, his instincts but nothing could bring back the child to normal. He went numb and felt hopeless even after fifteen minutes of the treatment but then all of a sudden there was something that strike his mind . It was the special respiration method used in such cases which he witnessed during a few of the treatments being held. And yes this marked the happy ending of the story. Everyone was overjoyed seeing this. Most importantly Andrew felt he achieved something great and honorable bringing back happiness into everybody’s lives. Birth class 11 English summary Birth class 11 English summary Birth class 11 English summary Birth class 11 English summary
Birth class 11 summary in short: summary of birth
Birth class 11 English summary: The summary of birth story revolves around the protagonist, Andrew Manson: a fresh doctor who recently passed out from a medical school. He gets into an argument with his girlfriend , Christine who is a school teacher and upsets himself. While he returns home to Bryngower, he notices a man standing relentlessly outside his house because his wife was in labor pain and they were expecting their first child. As soon as he enters Joe’s house he sees Mrs. Morgan’s mother and a midwife present there.
After he completed the surgery he went blank and saw the stillborn child but he did not stop there and applied all his bookish language, his instincts but failed again. He then remembered about the special respiration method and used it as soon as possible saving the newborn’s life and bringing him back to a healthy and normal child. The mother mother who was also laying unconscious also came back to her senses. Everything turned to normal and the doctor too was overjoyed and satisfied with this art of his.
Birth class 11 Author:
The author of the lesson “birth” Archibald Joseph Cronin was born on July, 1896 in Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
ABOUT HIS EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
When he entered the University in 1914 to study medicine, his studies were interrupted by World War 1. It was only then when he served as a surgeon sub-lieutenant in the British Navy. He received his M.B. and Ch.B. in the year 1919 and then he took a job on a passenger line as a ship’s surgeon.
After having an experience of the jobs he took positions in several hospital. In 1925 he received his MD degree from the University of Glasgow gradually after which he moved to London to begin a medical practice. But soon in 1930 he was forced to take leave because he was diagnosed with ulcer and also advised to take six months complete rest on milk diet.
ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE:
He had a wife named Agnes Mary whom he married to in 1921 and moved to South Wales.
Birth class 11 Writer:
The author or writer of the lesson “birth” Archibald Joseph Cronin who was a Scottish novelist, dramatist and non-fiction writer.
Birth class 11 questions and answers:
1. Who was Andrew Manson?
2. Why was Andrew’s mood pissed off that evening?
3. Who was Joe Morgan?
4. Who was Christine?
5. Why was Joe Morgan waiting for Andrew Manson?
6. Describe the appearance of Joe Morgan in the story?
7. Why did Joe refused to get inside his own house at the time of his wife’s delivery?
8. What was the reaction of Andrew at the time of delivery when things weren’t going
9. What was the time when Andrew reached Bryngower?
10. What was the location of Joe Morgan?
11. How has Mrs. Morgan mother’s been described to in in the story?
12. Under whose supervision was Andrew practicing medicine?
Ans: He was practicing medicine under Mr. Page.
13. How did Joe’s bedroom looked like?
14. Who was it that Andrew was thinking about even when he was at Joe’s house?
15. Who was the other person apart from Mrs. Morgan’s mother to take care of Susan?
16. Andrew remembered something about Samaritan. What was it?
17. What special treatment Andrew give to the child?
18. How did Andrew feel after 15 minutes of crucial treatment?
19. What is being referred to as a ‘miracle’ by the author?
20. Where did the midwife hid the child after it was born?
21. After how many years of marriage were the couple blessed with a child?
22. What happened to Susan after the child was delivered?
23. What different did Andrew did to save the child?
Birth class 11 extra questions and answers:
1. What was the place Christine had fought with Andrew?
2. Why is the title named ‘birth’?
3. What did Susan Morgan’s mother offered the doctor and why?
4. For how many years were Mr. and Morgan had been married?
5. Why was this operation critical and full of complications?
6. What was the stage in which Susan Morgan was in?
7. Why was Mr. Morgan restless and in tension?
8. Where has been the story taken from?
9. How did Andrew’s practice come into existence?
10. What was the special therapy that was used by Andrew?
11. Where was Andrew’s mind tossing when he was in Joe’s house?